This is the Generation Group Based on the Year of Birth Category:
- Pre Baby Boom or Generation Veterans (born 1945 and earlier)
- The Baby Boomers (born 1946 - 1964)
- Generation X (born 1965 - 1976)
- Generation Y or Millennial Generation (born 1977 - 1997)
- Generation Z or iGeneration, or often called Net Generation (born 1998 - 2010)
- Generation Alpha (born 2010 - 2024)
Being a parent of Generasi Alfa or who is often cited as the smartest generation, is not an easy thing. Parents must also provide early generations with this provision to face challenges in the future.
What Is Alpha Generation?
According to Mark McCrindle, social-cum-demographical analyst from the McCrindle research group, Alfa Generation is:
- Generations born between 2010 - 2024.
- Alfa names are made based on the Greek alphabet, and according to the alphabet, Alpha is chosen because the generations born before have used the name Generation Z.
- Children of the Millennial Generation.
- Around 2.5 million Generation Alfa are born every week in the world.
- The number will reach 2 billion by 2025.
Characteristics of the Alpha Generation
Since birth they have lived in the world with rapid technological developments. Gadgets have become a part of their lives completely. They grow up with an iPad in hand, can't live without a smartphone, and are able to operate a gadget just by recognizing the buttons. This massive technological change makes Generation Alfa children the most transformative generation.
The most influential generation in human life. With their very young age, they influence the world economic cycle. According to marketing strategist Christine Carter, the Alfa generation spends 18 million dollars a year just to consume toys, clothing, and new technological devices that are only available today.
This rapid technological advancement in the future will affect them, starting from learning styles, material learned in schools, to their daily interactions. Space and time are no longer boundaries, distance is increasingly meaningless, association is no longer determined by location factors. No wonder, from all that they get makes this Alpha Generation become smarter than previous generations.
1. Give religious education.
2. Teach courtesy and instill family values.
3. Help increase the willingness to fight children so they are not easily discouraged and bored.
4. Invite and teach children to socialize.
5. Limit the gadget. In children 2-3 years, a maximum screen time of 30 minutes. Then replace with other activities such as playing in the outdoor.
6. Perform eye contact and two-way communication with children because this is important for the development of the child.
7. Give the child an educational game. If through a gadget, try to be more interactive. For example, choose an application that makes children understand shapes, colors, imitating animal sounds, or you can dance with your little one through a gadget. (*)